Your MAMABirth Classes team are Kelly, Hayley E., Hayley N. & Libby – all experienced registered midwives. We’re passionate about arming expectant parents with unbiased, factual information to help them navigate the journey through birth & early parenthood with confident, informed decisions.
MAMABirth is a comprehensive childbirth education course covering the last few weeks of pregnancy, labour & birth, breastfeeding, newborn care & postnatal recovery.
(All options include the same content.)
- 2 x 5hr weekend classes in Kensington – MAMABirth 1&2, 3&4
- 4 x 2.5hr weekday evening classes in Kensington – MAMABirth 1, 2, 3, 4
- 1x 3 hour evening class + 2x 3.5 weekend classes in Kensington (“3-Part series”)
- Live-streamed online classes – both weekend & evenings available
What we cover:
- MAMABirth 1 – Preparing for Labour & Birth: the physiology of the last few weeks of pregnancy, hormonal physiology of labour, birthing statistics in VIC, tips for setting up your birth environment, coping strategies, choosing your support team, taking care of your body & mind,”natural” ways to encourage labour, perineal massage, antenatal colostrum expressing, optimal fetal positioning, including “Spinning Babies” techniques, Group B Strep screening, options for models of care & place of birth
- MAMABirth 2 – Understanding Labour: the physical, psychological & emotional changes along the continuum of labour, the sounds of labour, tips for the early & established stages, active labour positions, tools partners can help with, what the baby’s doing, troubleshooting, abnormal signs to look out for, caregiver assessment techniques, including fetal monitoring, writing your birth preferences, informed decision-making strategies
- MAMABirth 3 – Birthing Your Baby: the pushing stage & giving birth to your baby, reducing the chance of tears, caesarean births, instrumental births, induction of labour, cascade of intervention vs true medical need, giving birth to your placenta, active vs physiological management, cord clamping, working out how you feel about labour pain, the nervous system, comfort measures, breathing & relaxation, TENS, water immersion & waterbirth, sterile water injections, pharmacological pain relief, epidurals, nitrous oxide gas, opioids (morphine/pethidine etc.)
- MAMABirth 4 – Life with a new baby: postpartum recovery, pelvic floor recovery, emotional wellbeing, what happens in the hours & days after birth, skin-to-skin, first breastfeed, Vitamin K, Hepatitis B vaccine, newborn screening test, breastfeeding: stats, facts & WHO recommendations, early days – colostrum, mature milk ‘coming in’, supply & demand, tips for attachment & positioning, frequency of feeds, how to tell if baby’s getting enough, seeking help, troubleshooting tips, infant sleep, settling tips, safe sleeping, rhythms rather than routines, dressing & wrapping baby, nappies & output, neonatal jaundice, signs of illness
Please note this is a general overview of content explored in our classes. Each class & series are a little different as we tailor the content to the needs & wishes of our participants. Please get in touch: email@example.com if you would like more information.
- $399 (in-person class series at MAMA Kensington)
- $359 (online class series live-streamed via Zoom)
* 10% discount applies for planned online-only series as a limited time introductory offer
* discount does not apply to in-person series that need to switch to online due to changes in COVID restrictions
Booking Cost Includes:
+ an exclusive resource pack including MAMABirth work booklet
+ access to our digital resources
+ access to our online community
+ unlimited email support from the MAMABirth presenters after the course
+ $50 off voucher for selected Allied Health consultations from MAMA Services
+ Free yoga class voucher
Dates and Bookings:
If your preferred date is not showing below, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist or to be notified of future dates when they are released.
Please read our Booking T&Cs below before booking.
MAMABirth Classes Booking Terms & Conditions
When you make a booking, you will be asked to read & agree to our terms & conditions, as outlined below.
If you wish to book but have any concerns or questions about the T&Cs, please get in touch via email email@example.com BEFORE booking online / paying your deposit.
Please note a $160 deposit is required to secure your booking & is non-refundable. If you choose to pay the full $399 upfront but then cancel your booking, the $160 deposit is retained.
The only circumstances we would offer a full refund of deposit and course fees would be if
- if we cancel the course or workshop
- you have the baby before you are able to attend the class however you must be no more than 36 weeks pregnant on the date of the course you have booked in for. You are still welcome to attend a course beyond 36 weeks of pregnancy with the understanding that no refund will be provided if your baby arrives before the completion of the course.
If you are unable to attend your booked course, you may request to book in for another course date (space permitting), prior to the start of the class or workshop. Exchanges requested after the start of the class or workshop will not be granted.
If your workshop is a series (multiple dates) and the workshop series has started, no refunds or exchanges will be granted.
MAMABirth classes comply with all public health directives relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, and we acknowledge that restrictions may change at short notice.
We intend to run classes face-to-face if restrictions permit. However, if restrictions change and face-to-face classes are not permitted, we will still run the class online via Zoom as scheduled and participants will receive their resource packs in the mail (if applicable). Refunds or discounts do not apply should face-to-face classes need to be held via Zoom due to public health directives.
If on the day of their face-to-face classes, participants are unwell, have any symptoms of COVID-19, have visited listed exposure sites, had contact with confirmed cases, are awaiting a swab result, or have otherwise been directed to self-isolate by health authorities, they cannot attend classes in-person, and will be provided with a Zoom link to still participate in the class from home. Full or partial refunds or discounts do not apply in this instance. “
Prior to participating in the course, all participants are required to sign a disclaimer/waiver/consent form agreeing to the following:
- Information & advice provided in the classes is of a general nature only and may not necessarily pertain to your individual circumstances.
- Important decisions regarding you or your baby’s care should not be based solely on the information & advice presented in these classes. The information should rather be evaluated in the context of your individual circumstances, in discussion with your maternity care provider.
- You agree to contact your maternity care provider in the first instance if you have any concerns regarding your wellbeing or that of your baby.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any links provided to external websites as the content may change from when we have viewed them. The views, opinions and beliefs expressed are those of the individual writers and do not necessarily correlate with those of Midwives and Mothers Australia (MAMA) or the MAMABirth presenters.
- Classes may include practising upright, mobile & active positions recommended for pregnancy, labour & birth. Please speak to your maternity care provider if you have any concerns/underlying issues to confirm you are able to perform basic postures.
- In any event, you acknowledge and agree that you assume the risks associated with any and all activities and/or exercise in which you participate & in the event of any injury you waive any claims against MAMABirth.
The same also applies to all information shared on our website www.mamabirtheducation.com, blog & social media channels.
No Shows / Arriving Late
Reminder emails are sent out to participants prior to the first class in their booked series, however, it remains participants’ responsibility to remember dates, times & location of classes they have booked into.
All classes will commence at the start time stated in your confirmation emails unless otherwise arranged, therefore if you are running late, you are requested to contact the MAMABirth presenter via the contact details provided. Classes times will not be rescheduled or postponed due to lateness; missed time & content will be forfeited.
Full or partial refunds will not be granted for no-shows or arriving late unless under exceptional circumstances, and only at the sole discretion of the MAMABirth presenter.
MAMABirth classes include free vouchers to be used at the leisure of participants. Sole responsibility for redeeming vouchers, as instructed on each voucher, lies with participants. See individual vouchers for T&Cs.