Evidenced-based birth education classes,
taught by registered midwives.
Your MAMABirth Classes team are all experienced registered midwives.
We’re passionate about arming expectant parents with evidence-based, factual information to help them navigate the journey through birth & early parenthood with confident, informed decisions.
We started MAMABirth Classes in 2015 with the goal of reducing fear through education.
Since then we’ve grown to become one of Melbourne’s most in-demand independent childbirth education courses, helping hundreds of expectant parents to feel empowered and capable about what lies ahead.
Comprehensive antenatal education, perfect for first-time parents wanting to cover it all – late pregnancy, labour/birth, postpartum, breastfeeding & newborns.
Condensed antenatal course perfect for parents who have given birth before & are wanting a refresher of labour & birth skills, postpartum & introducing a new sibling to the family.
Evidence-based information to help you maximise your chances of a successful vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) in our current Victorian maternity care system.
Comprehensive antenatal education for parents having a planned caesarean birth, covering late pregnancy, caesareans, postpartum, breastfeeding & newborns.
Dates and Bookings:
If your preferred date is not showing below, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist or to be notified of future dates when they are released.
Please read our Booking T&Cs below before booking.
MAMABirth Classes Booking Terms & Conditions
All bookings for MAMABirth classes are made subject to the below terms & conditions.
If you wish to book but have any concerns or questions about the T&Cs, please get in touch via email email@example.com BEFORE booking or paying.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Due to our small group sizes & high demand, payment is required in full at time of booking & is non-refundable in the event of change of mind, other engagements, forgetting to attend or illness. Full refunds will only be given for unexpected early births (provided you are less than 36 weeks pregnant at the start of the course) or if we need to cancel the course. If you wish to move your booking to another course date, please get in touch at least 7 days before the start of your booked course (space permitting). If you’d like to pay in installments, please contact us on 03 9376 7474.
For In Person Classes
Subject to change as new public health advice is issued
If changes in restrictions / lockdowns occur: we will live-stream the class via Zoom instead & presenters will contact you to confirm arrangements. No full or partial refunds apply in this instance.
Vaccination Mandate: all participants for in-person classes are required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to attend. No full or partial refunds or booking swaps will be granted should participants not be able to show valid certificates on the day of their first class.
If you have any symptoms on the day: please get in touch & we will offer you a Zoom link so you can still participate in the course from home.
Prior to participating in the course, all participants are required to sign a disclaimer/waiver/consent form agreeing to the following:
- Information & advice provided in the classes is of a general nature only and may not necessarily pertain to your individual circumstances.
- Important decisions regarding you or your baby’s care should not be based solely on the information & advice presented in these classes. The information should rather be evaluated in the context of your individual circumstances, in discussion with your maternity care provider.
- You agree to contact your maternity care provider in the first instance if you have any concerns regarding your wellbeing or that of your baby.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any links provided to external websites as the content may change from when we have viewed them. The views, opinions and beliefs expressed are those of the individual writers and do not necessarily correlate with those of Midwives and Mothers Australia (MAMA) or the MAMABirth presenters.
- Classes may include practising upright, mobile & active positions recommended for pregnancy, labour & birth. Please speak to your maternity care provider if you have any concerns/underlying issues to confirm you are able to perform basic postures.
- In any event, you acknowledge and agree that you assume the risks associated with any and all activities and/or exercise in which you participate & in the event of any injury you waive any claims against MAMABirth.
The same also applies to all information shared on our website, blog & social media channels.
No Shows / Arriving Late
Reminder emails are sent out to participants prior to the first class in their booked series, however, it remains participants’ responsibility to remember dates, times & location of classes they have booked into.
All classes will commence at the start time stated in your confirmation emails unless otherwise arranged, therefore if you are running late, you are requested to contact the MAMABirth presenter via the contact details provided. Classes times will not be rescheduled or postponed due to lateness; missed time & content will be forfeited.
Full or partial refunds will not be granted for no-shows or arriving late unless under exceptional circumstances, and only at the sole discretion of the MAMABirth presenter.
MAMABirth classes include free vouchers to be used at the leisure of participants. Sole responsibility for redeeming vouchers, as instructed on each voucher, lies with participants. See individual vouchers for T&Cs.