Naturopathy is preventative, complementary and holistic health care that addresses the underlying causes of illness, not just the symptoms. Modern Naturopathy integrates evidence-based research with traditional knowledge, using nutrition, herbal medicine and lifestyle advice as tools to restore and maintain good health.
Naturopaths help clients to live a balanced, healthy and happy life. Individualised treatments are aimed at increasing a person’s general health, managing stress and preventing chronic disease and ill-health; there is a focus on patient education and mental, physical and emotional wellbeing.
During a private consultation Meg will identify the underlying contributors to your health difficulties and help you to restore balance, health and vitality. To support you in reaching your health goals, you will be given a personalised and specialised treatment plan that may involve:
- Nutritional supplements
- Vitamins and minerals
- Dietary advice and meal plans
- Herbal remedies (tablets, liquid extracts, creams and teas)
- Natural Fertility Awareness education
- Lifestyle advice and stress management techniques
- Australian Bush Flower Essences
What conditions do Naturopaths treat?
Naturopathy can be used in the safe and effective treatment of clients of all ages and may help:
- With general health issues such as low energy levels, poor digestive health, unrefreshing sleep, high stress and anxiety levels and immune system imbalances
- In the prevention of some chronic illnesses
- To improve your concentration and memory
- In the treatment of common childhood conditions such as colic, eczema, constipation, diarrhoea, allergies, teething, asthma, ear infections, colic and recurrent infections
- To support a range of women’s conditions such as period pain, heavy periods, irregular periods, PCOS, Endometriosis, PMS, fibroids, hormonal imbalances, early menopause and menopause support
- To support those who are having difficulties in conceiving
- Couples wanting a specific natural IVF support program that incorporates preconception care, alongside physical and emotional health support and stress management techniques
- In addressing your pregnancy symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, anaemia, constipation, fatigue, poor sleep, stretch marks, cramps, restless legs, heartburn, reflux, fluid retention, varicose veins and haemorrhoids
- In providing physical and emotional support after birth for issues such as postnatal depression, anxiety, sleep deprivation, weight management, low energy levels, thyroid problems, mastitis and low breast milk supply
What happens in a naturopathic consultation?
The initial consultation is used to gather a comprehensive history and the main reasons for your visit. A
range of questions are asked to gather information about your current health issues, past medical history and family history to identify the underlying causes of your symptoms. An individualised treatment plan is then developed to address these influences using herbs, lifestyle coaching and/or nutritional supplements.
Follow up consultations will continue to explore your health, take a more in-depth look at issues and
develop a deeper insight into your individual health conditions. Nutritional and herbal prescriptions may continue or be altered to address the changes that have occurred in your symptoms.
Location: Via Telehealth
Availability: alternate Saturdays 9am – 12pm
Costs: $195 for initial consultation (60 minutes)
$95 for return consultation (30 minutes)
$115 for extended return consultation (45 minutes)