When breastfeeding is established it’s usually easy, convenient and such a pleasure. However, it is not uncommon to encounter challenges. MAMA’s LC can help with the following:
- Attachment difficulties
- Clamping/biting nipples
- Sleepy baby
- Spilling/leaking milk at mouth
- Unsatiated at breast
- Insufficient weight gain
- Nipple/breast pain
- Blocked ducts / engorgement / mastitis
- Low supply
- Over supply / forceful let down
- Ineffective breast emptying
- Supplementing after feeds
- Excessively long feeds
- Colic symptoms
- Refuses or struggles with bottle
- Breast preference
- Discouragement with breastfeeding, feelings of anxiety or depression
And much more!
Sometimes just reassurance, encouragement, some advice and a plan can make such a difference.
A postnatal consult includes taking a history, inspecting your breasts and nipples, inspecting baby’s mouth and observing a breastfeed. We will develop an individualised breastfeeding plan and can refer you to other health professionals if indicated. We offer follow up via phone or email after each consultation.
We have three options to suit your needs:
- We can see you at our Kensington clinic. This includes a baby weigh (if desired.)
Postnatal visit at the clinic: $100 for 45 minutes
- We can see you at your home. Our LCs bring their baby scales with them to weigh baby, as well as select LC retail items you may wish to purchase.
Initial postnatal home visit: $200 for 90 minutes, plus $0.80 per km traveled between your home and MAMA*
- Follow up postnatal home visit: $150 for 60 minutes, plus $0.80 per km travel between your home and MAMA*
* This fee is valid for clients living within 30 minutes of Kensington. If you you live more than 30 minutes from these areas, we may arrange a higher fee or recommend another LC. Please complete the form here if you would like more information about this. *
- We can see you via Zoom consult
Zoom Consult, $100 for 45 minutes