When breastfeeding is established it’s usually easy, convenient and such a pleasure. However, it is not uncommon to encounter challenges. MAMA’s LC can help with the following:
- Attachment difficulties
- Clamping/biting nipples
- Sleepy baby
- Spilling/leaking milk at mouth
- Unsatiated at breast
- Insufficient weight gain
- Nipple/breast pain
- Blocked ducts / engorgement / mastitis
- Low supply
- Over supply / forceful let down
- Ineffective breast emptying
- Supplementing after feeds
- Excessively long feeds
- Colic symptoms
- Refuses or struggles with bottle
- Breast preference
- Discouragement with breastfeeding, feelings of anxiety or depression
And much more!
Sometimes just reassurance, encouragement, some advice and a plan can make such a difference.
A postnatal consult includes taking a history, inspecting your breasts and nipples, inspecting baby’s mouth and observing a breastfeed. We will develop an individualised breastfeeding plan and can refer you to other health professionals if indicated. We offer follow up via phone or email after each consultation.
We can see you at our Kensington or Hampton clinics.
Postnatal visit at the clinic: $120 for 75 minutes
For home visits
Postnatal home visit: $180 for 90 minutes
Fiona covers a radius of 15 mins around Coburg.*
Postnatal home visit: $150 for 90 minutes
Please contact Fiona :
Phone: 0402 686 752
* If you live more than 15 minutes from these areas, there will be an additional travel fee. Please contact one of the LCs or MAMA Reception at 9376 7474 for more information.*