Would you like in-home, private childbirth education classes?
With an experienced Midwife who has worked in the Victorian maternity system for close to 10 years?
Let MAMA Midwife Rachel guide you.
- Labour & Birth – 7 hours (with lunch break in the middle) $650
- Breastfeeding – 2.5 hours $250
- Combined Labour, Birth & Breastfeeding – 9.5 hours $850
- Structured as two separate sessions: the first one 7 hours with a lunch break in the middle, the second 2.5 hours.
- You will also received two bulk billed* postnatal visits if you book the combined course
* These visits can be bulk-billed once we have a GP referral and valid Medicare number on file, additional travel fees apply
You will receive: in-home evidence based childbirth and/or breastfeeding education classes tailored to your individual needs. You will leave the classes with an in depth understanding of the ‘normal’ of labour, birth and breastfeeding, and how to troubleshoot when things are not following a normal path.
You will be given a booklet and other resources to take away from the session .
Appointment certificates are available for work if required.
Group discounts available! If you organise a group of attendees to attend the classes in your home, you will each receive a discount! A 20% discount will be given for 2 couples, a 25% discount for 3! Please call Reception at 9376 7474 to book in at the group rate.
Labour/birth class outline
- Optimal fetal positioning
- Hormones of labour
- Stages of labour, what to expect, how to manage
- Positions for labour
- Optimising birth environment
- Visualisation and breathing
- Pain vs power
- Water for labour
- Working with pain and managing pain (including available natural and pharmaceutical pain relief)
- Assessment techniques in labour and your options
- Options for birthing your placenta
- Optimal cord clamping
- Induction of labour
- Instrumental births
- Caesarean birth
- Informed consent and making decisions
- Birth partners
- The newborn
- Vitamin K
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- The 4th trimester
- Postpartum recovery
Breastfeeding/newborn class outline
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Baby’s first breastfeed and the breast crawl
- Baby stomach size and milk volumes
- How often should baby feed
- Feeding cues
- Milk ‘coming in’ – full milk
- Getting a good attachment
- Breastfeeding positions
- Baby-led attachment
- Mixed feeding
- If baby requires top up feeds
- Hand expressing
- Using a breast pump
- Breastfeeding difficulties
- Where to access support
- How long to breastfeed for
- Tandem feeding
- The 4th trimester
- Safe sleeping
*Travel fees to your home are not included in the bulk billed visits and are charged at a per km rate.
To book the Combined Labour, Birth & Breastfeeding series, please call us at 9376 7474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates and we will get those booked in for you.
“I just want to start again by thanking you for the invaluable information you’ve given my partner and I. We are so grateful and it’s truly empowered both of us in a way I did not think was possible – I’m actually really looking forward to my birth now and I’m feeling confident in my wants and needs (that I was not aware of before being educated by you!) You’re the best!”