Dr. Bonnie Maplestone (B.H.SC/B.APP.SC Osteopathy) has been teaching yoga for over 20 years she is also a doula, birth hypnosis practitioner, and Osteopath.
Bonnie's first love and passion was yoga. While she weaves her knowledge of the human body, birth, and pregnancy into every class it's in the traditional yoga and teaching where Bonnie finds her joy.
Bonnie has a strong belief that prenatal yoga shouldn't just be yoga without certain poses. Prenatal yoga should be a practice that enhances, invigorates, and prepares the female body for the marathon which is pregnancy, as well as the birth and the postnatal period. Prenatal yoga should also provide some quality downtime and a connection to your unborn child.
Bonnie's prenatal yoga classes will cover:
- Yoga postures for strength and flexibility
- Yoga postures to alleviate some common pregnancy challenges
- Breathing exercises for relaxation both during pregnancy and birth.
- Posture work, making sure the body has the space to grow and change optimally throughout the pregnancy journey
- Visualisations, meditations, and relaxation
- Connection with your unborn child
- Positions for birth
- Tuning in and connecting with your changing body
- Prevention of common ailments that are experienced by some new mothers
- Best and most comfortable ways to sleep and sit while pregnant
- Optimal fetal positioning
- A chance to connect with other pregnant women who are going through similar things.
Every woman's body is different, every pregnancy is different and so every prenatal class is different. Through Bonnie's experience both as a prenatal yoga teacher and an osteopath, she likes to structure her lesson around the mummas in the class and their personal needs.
Whether you are loving your pregnancy and wanting to embrace it, or finding it tough and looking for some relief, Bonnie's class is a great place to start.