Childbirth Education Classes
MAMA offers evidence-based Childbirth Education Classes aimed at empowering you with the information you need, to have the labour and birth that you want. Our experienced team of childbirth educators are passionate about educating mothers and their support people. The classes are available at our two clinics in Kensington and Caulfield. We ensure they are scheduled to suit working participants; both evening and weekend classes are available.
In all of our classes you will walk away with valuable tools that you are able to use in any type of birth situation and outcome.
Click on the links below for information about the different classes, or to book your classes now!
Scroll down for MAMA’s class booking + refund policy
MAMA’s Class Booking + Refund Policy:
If you wish to book but have any concerns about these conditions, please contact us BEFORE paying for your class. By purchasing your class it is assumed you have read and agree to abide by these terms & conditions.
Bookings are only confirmed upon payment of a $150 (non-refundable) deposit. The remaining amount must be paid prior to the commencement of the course. You can choose to pay the full amount upfront instead. See MAMA’s Refund Policy below.
MAMA will only offer refunds in the following circumstances:
- If we or the practitioner cancels the course or workshop.
- If you have your baby before you are able to attend class. However, you must be no more than 36 weeks pregnant on the date of the course you booked in for. (You are welcome to attend any class while 36 weeks or more pregnant, however you forfeit your right to a full or partial refund should you give birth prior or part way through the course if it’s a multi-date course).
If you choose to cancel your booking for any other reason, MAMA will refund you the class cost (amount you have paid) minus a non-refundable $150 deposit.
If you are unable to attend a course, you may request to book in for another course date (space permitting), prior to the start of the class or workshop. Exchanges requested after the start of the class or workshop will not be granted. If your workshop is a series (multiple dates) and the workshop series has started, no refunds or exchanges will be granted.
No Shows / Arriving Late – All classes will commence at the start time stated on your confirmation letter unless otherwise arranged, therefore if you are running late, you are requested to contact the presenter via the contact details provided on your confirmation letter. Classes times will not rescheduled or postponed due to lateness; missed time & content will be forfeited. Full or partial refunds will not be granted for no-shows or arriving late unless under exceptional circumstances, and only at the sole discretion of the presenter or MAMA administration team.
- Information & advice provided in the classes is of a general nature only and may not necessarily pertain to your individual circumstances.
- Important decisions regarding you or your baby’s care should not be based solely on the information & advice presented in these classes. The information should rather be evaluated in the context of your individual circumstances, in discussion with your maternity care provider.
- You agree to contact your maternity care provider in the first instance if you have any concerns regarding your wellbeing or that of your baby.
- We cannot accept responsibility for any links provided to external websites as the content may change from when we have viewed them. The views, opinions and beliefs expressed are those of the individual writers and do not necessarily correlate with those of Midwives and Mothers Australia (MAMA Services) or the Educators.
- Classes may include practicing upright, mobile & active positions recommended for pregnancy, labour & birth. Please speak to your maternity care provider if you have any concerns/underlying issues to confirm you are able to perform basic postures.
- In any event, you acknowledge and agree that you assume the risks associated with any and all activities and/or exercise in which you participate & in the event of any injury you waive any claims against MAMA Services.