HypoBirthing at KENSINGTON
The HypnoBirthing® curriculum at Kensington is taught by Jo over 5 confidence-building sessions of 2 and a half hours each and is ideally taken with a partner (the baby’s father or a friend or family member who will attend the birth to support you).
The course fee of $590 ($540* early bird if booked before 8th October) includes the book, a CD for your self-practice at home, and handouts.
Sessions include the teaching and practice of HypnoBirthing techniques as well as empowering information so that you and your partner can have the comfortable & gentle birth that you have been dreaming of.
What is covered in the sessions?
• Deep relaxation, self hypnosis, breathing, affirmations and visualisation techniques;
• Fear and negative thought release sessions;
• Bonding techniques;
• Birth physiology (learning to work with your body to make birth more comfortable);
• Birth hormones (the feel good stuff that can even make birth pleasurable);
• The birthing companion’s role;
• Special massage technique to release endorphins;
• Healthy eating habits and exercise during pregnancy;
• Positions during birth;
• Birth preferences;
• Communication with caregivers;
• Videos of HypnoBirthing births;
and perhaps most importantly
• How to stay calm and relaxed despite the environment.
These skills that you learn in the class will become useful not only in your birth but also in your parenting in life in general.
Session 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
Session 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
Session 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
Session 4: Overview of Childbirth—A Labour of Love
Session 5: Birthing—Breathing Love, Bringing Life
How do we do this?
• Breathing techniques that quickly create a state of relaxation and comfort;
• Positions and techniques to bring about a deeper level of relaxation;
• Visualisations to make birthing easier;
• Methods to bring about a natural start to labour;
• What to expect during the last few weeks, at the onset and during labour and how the body will work with you;
• How to clear anxieties, limiting beliefs or fear surrounding birth;
• How the birth companion can help and be a real part of the birth; and more…
• Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
• Gives dad / partner or birth companion an integral role in the birthing
• Teaches you and your birthing partner how to work alongside your birthing team to achieve the birth you desire
• Shortens the first phase of labour by several hours
• Leaves you feeling alert, fresh and awake with energy during your labour
• Reduces the need for an episiotomy
• Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby whatever turn their birthing takes
• Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
• Teaches you breathing techniques that allows you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
• Allows you and your partner to approach birth and parenting informed and empowered
*The $540 early bird price is not valid with any other offer.
HypoBirthing at HAMPTON
Hypnobirth Tribe™ is proud and excited to be offering Hypnobirthing Australia™ classes to MAMA Bayside mums and their birthing partners, especially as the founder of Hypnobirth Tribe™ – Julie Christopoulos is a local and a hypnobirthing mum herself!
Why Hypnobirthing Australia™?
Because it is simple, and it works!
There is a desperate need for parents to access and arm themselves with effective and evidenced-based birth knowledge and reclaim their birth rites. Why? Because how we birth our children has an impact on their entire lives, those they come across, their future children, and their children’s children. Birth is a legacy that lasts for generations! Birth has the potential to be the biggest achievement a mother and her birthing partner can claim. If birth is positive, parents are more likely to trust their parenting capabilities because they are confident and empowered.
The Hypnobirthing Australia™ course is designed to teach mothers to trust their bodies and to appreciate that they have everything they need to birth calmly – they were born to birth! The role of the birthing partner is highlighted, and structure is provided so that they can advocate and contribute to the experience – empowering both parents and preparing them for birth, however it unfolds.
The underlying philosophy of the Hypnobirthing Australia™ Program is the mind-body connection. The course addresses how our mind can influence how we feel and react and how this directly impacts birth.
Hypnobirthing teaches parents: self-hypnosis, fear release, breathing techniques, the power of affirmations and visualisations, massage and acupressure, the woman’s pregnant body and physiological birthing, how to become educated about the current birth environment and how important it is to have the right support and to find your tribe.
I run group and private classes and teach parents over 12 hours, covering the following topics:
Unit 1: Creating and maintaining a positive mindset
Unit 2: Our toolkit for childbirth
Unit 3: Preparation and choices for empowered birthing
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
Book a class on my website or contact me today to learn how you can achieve your fearless birth! It would be my honour to welcome you to the Hypnobirth Tribe™.
Let’s change the world, one positive birth at a time!
Love and light,