Aquatic Therapy (also known as Watsu or Aquatic Bodywork) was created in the early 1980’s in California and Europe. Resting back into the arms of the practitioner you are floated, stretched, massaged, cradled and moved through warm water (34.5°C). With the use of nose clips you may also be submerged underwater.
Rebecca Czapnik is a skilled Somatic Practitioner trained in numerous Aquatic Therapy practices including Watsu®, WaterDance™️, Fluid Presence® and Aquatic Integration™️.
Aquatic Therapy offers a calming of the nervous system and greater inner awareness. The gentle nature of water can be highly supportive to pain and physical injuries. Anyone can benefit from Aquatic Therapy and the healing benefits of warm water, however it is particularly beneficial during pregnancy.
Mothers are able to relax deeply while experiencing a similar environment to their baby. This opens up another level of communication between mother and child. Through movement, visualisation and intention we track the developmental stages of the baby in the womb, while also supporting the mother’s emotional and physical process. Becoming a mother is an immense rite of passage, and probably the most important role in society. Time in the water prepares you for birth and parenthood – across mind, body and spirit.
- feeling stress, anxiety and fear
- with physical pain and discomfort
- with sleeping difficulties and exhaustion
- with shallow breath
- with tightness in the pelvis and hips
- with a desire to connect and communicate with their baby
- preparing for a water birth
- wanting to practice and access the feeling of surrendering the body
There are many benefits including:
- Releasing pain and tension
- Reduction in anxiety and stress levels
- Fuller deeper breathing
- Improved sleep and digestion
- Muscle, joint and spine relaxation
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Surrendering the body and breath for labour
- Communicate with your baby
Single sessions – are a profound experience of relaxation and communication with your baby. There will be a deepening of the breath and opening of the hips and pelvis. Pain and discomfort will be soothed.
Multiple sessions (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) – Enable a greater softening of the body and deeper experience of the therapy. The water has a way of inviting trust and surrender.
Preparation for water birth – from 28 weeks.
Sessions are held in a heated hydrotherapy pool (34°C) in Albert Park or at Peninsula Hot Springs. Rebecca will email full details at time of booking.
Single session – 60 minutes – $150
Multiple session package – 3 sessions – $405
To find out more, please visit rebeccaczapnik.com/water contact Rebecca on 0403 864 121
Follow Rebecca on socials @rebeccaczapnik