Aquatic Therapy (also known as Aquatic Bodywork or Watsu) was created in the early 1980’s in California and Europe. Resting back into the arms of the practitioner you are floated, stretched, massaged and moved through warm water (34.5°C). With the use of nose clips you may also be submerged underwater.
Aquatic Therapy offers a calming of the nervous system and greater inner awareness. The gentle nature of water can be highly supportive to pain and physical injuries. Aquatic Therapy is particularly beneficial during pregnancy. Mothers are able to relax deeply whilst experiencing a similar environment to their baby. This opens up another level of communication between mother and child.
- feeling stress, anxiety and fear
- with physical pain and discomfort
- with sleeping difficulties and exhaustion
- with shallow breath
- with tightness in the pelvis and hips
- with a desire to connect and communicate with their baby
- preparing for a water birth
- wanting to practice and access the feeling of surrendering the body
There are many benefits including:
- Releasing pain and tension
- Reduction in anxiety and stress levels
- Fuller deeper breathing
- Improved sleep and digestion
- Muscle, joint and spine relaxation
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Surrendering the body and breath for labour
- Communicate with your baby
Single sessions – are a profound experience of relaxation and communication with your baby. There will be a deepening of the breath and opening of the hips and pelvis. Pain and discomfort will be soothed.
Multiple sessions (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) – Enable a greater softening of the body and deeper experience of the therapy. The water has a way of inviting trust and surrender.
Preparation for water birth – from 28 weeks.
Sessions are held at Hydrotherapy Pool in Albert Park. Rebecca will email full details when booking received.
Other times may also be available on request
Single session – 75 minutes – $140
Multiple session package – 3 sessions – $360
To find out more, please visit rebeccaczapnik.com/water contact Rebecca on 0403 864 121