Fees as at 14 December 2022
General Billing Information:
- Medicare Rebates only apply if we have a referral from you GP and your Medicare details on file.
- For consultations with midwives who are not yet Medicare eligible, you will be charged the Out of Pocket (OOP) amounts only.
- Travel costs for home visits are charged at $0.92 per kilometer both ways. For your current address, this will be an additional fee of _______ per home visit.
- The Midwifery Care Plan is a legal requirement and must be conducted once per pregnancy for all clients planning to have MAMA birth support. It takes the place of one of your antenatal consults. You pay more upfront but then receive a larger rebate back from Medicare, so the OOP cost is the same as a regular consult.
Birth Support Billing Information:
- A $500 deposit is due upon booking to secure your spot with the midwives for birth support. This is paid at the Booking Consultation and is non-refundable.
- A $1500 on-call fee is due by 20 weeks (or at booking if coming to MAMA after 20 weeks.) This ensures that the team is on-call for you throughout pregnancy and is non-refundable.
- The remainder of the Birth Support Fees are due by 36 weeks.
- Birth Support Fees include medical equipment and paperwork. A birth pool, Entonox gas and TENS machine (if desired) are not included. Please see Reception for these costs.
- Return clients will receive a $500 discount on their Birth Support Fee.
MAMA Midwives are committed to providing private midwifery care to our clients and to finding solutions that assist you with the financial aspects of your care. Payment plans take the cost of your birth support and stretch out payments across a longer span of time, beginning earlier in pregnancy and ending at a final payment date based on your financial needs. Please speak to our Practice Manager to set one of these up as early as possible, or if you have other financial concerns.