Fees as at 5th January 2019
(For Home birth or Shared Care)
|Appointment type||Price||Location||Medicare Rebate||OOP|
|Antenatal at MAMA||$120||Clinic||$45.40||$74.60|
|Antenatal at Home||$160||Home||$45.40||$114.60|
|Postnatal at MAMA||BB/$120*||Clinic||$66.75||$0-$53.25|
|Postnatal at Home||BB/$160*||Home||$66.75||$0-$93.25|
|Midwifery Care Plan||$335||Clinic||$270.10||$64.90|
|Midwifery Care Plan||$375||Home||$270.10||$104.90|
|Home birth (Total $4000)|
|On call 2 midwives||$1000||–||$1000|
|Shared Care ($2000)|
|On call 1 midwife||$500||–||$500|
*Your first 3 Postnatal visits are charged $120 (clinic) or $160 (home). All other postnatal visits will be bulk billed (BB).
- Payments for Antenatal and Postnatal visits are payable at the time of your appointment.
- The booking fee is an administration fee and to book your midwife. This fee is payable before 20 weeks pregnancy and non-refundable.
- The Birth Fee is payable in full before 36 weeks pregnancy. The fee is regardless of the time spent with you (in case of very slow or quick births no addition costs or discount).
The Birth Fee includes medical equipment, drugs (for third stage) and paperwork. A pool and TENS machine are not included.
- Travel costs are included if <20km from our clinics. After that the charge is $0,66 a kilometer.
- Consultation and birth package prices are including GST.
- For returning clients there is a discount of 10% on the Birth fees.
MAMA Midwives are committed to providing private midwifery care to our clients and to finding solutions that assist you with the financial aspects of your care. We can now offer you Payment Plan options and we recommend MediCredit finance.
** Please feel free to contact our Reception Manager to discuss your financial situation or any concerns you may have. Thank you.