Fees as at 1 September 2021
|Antenatal & Postnatal Visits|
|Appointment type||Price||Location||Medicare Rebate||Out of Pocket|
|Telehealth Consultations||$120||Via Video Chat||$47.25 / $69.45||$72.75 / $50.55|
|Antenatal at MAMA||$120||Clinic||$47.25||$72.75|
|Antenatal at Home||$160||Home||$47.25||$112.75|
|Postnatal at MAMA||BB/$120*||Clinic||$69.45||$0-$50.55|
|Postnatal at Home||BB/$160*||Home||$69.45||$0-$90.55|
|Midwifery Care Plan||$345/$385||Clinic / Home||$282.15||$62.85 /$102.85|
|Hospital Birth Support Fee||$4000||–||$4000|
|Home Birth Support Fee||$6000||–||$6000|
- For consults with midwives who are not yet Medicare eligible, you will be charged the Out of Pocket (OOP) amount only.
- The Midwifery Care Plan is a legal requirement for the midwives to conduct with each client once during pregnancy. It’s often a longer session and costs more upfront, but attracts a larger Medicare Rebate.
- A deposit of $500 is required of all MAMA clients. This fee is due at booking and is non-refundable (except in the event of a pregnancy loss.).
- The remainder of the Birth Support Fee is payable in full before 36 weeks pregnancy. The MAMA midwifery team will be available for you 24/7 from this time. Prior to 36 weeks, they can be reached at the clinic number.
- The Birth Support Fee is regardless of the time spent with you (in case of very slow or quick births, no additional costs or discount).
- Return clients receive a $500 discount on their Birth Support Fee.
- The Birth Fee includes medical equipment. A pool and TENS machine are not included in the fee, but can be hired at an additional cost.
- Travel costs for home visits are charged at $0.80 per kilometer both ways.
- Consultation and birth fee prices are inclusive of GST.
MAMA Midwives are committed to providing private midwifery care to our clients and to finding solutions that assist you with the financial aspects of your care. We can now offer you Payment Plan options and we also recommend MediCredit finance. Please feel free to contact our Reception Manager to discuss your financial situation or any concerns you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!