The HypnoBirthing® curriculum at Kensington is taught by Jo over 5 confidence-building sessions of 2 and a half hours each and is ideally taken with a partner (the baby’s other parent or a friend or family member who will attend the birth to support you).
The course fee of $650 includes the book, a CD for your self-practice at home, and handouts.
Sessions include the teaching and practice of HypnoBirthing techniques as well as empowering information so that you and your partner can have the comfortable & gentle birth that you have been dreaming of.
The next session runs over five evenings. Monday 18 April and then Tuesdays 26 April to 17 May from 5:30-8pm. This course will run at MAMA Kensington, with limited numbers to ensure social distancing.
The course fees are $650 per couple which also includes the book and mp3 recordings. There is a deposit of $150 and the balance is to be paid prior to the start of the course.
What is covered in the sessions?
- Deep relaxation, self hypnosis, breathing, affirmations and visualisation techniques;
- Fear and negative thought release sessions;
- Bonding techniques;
- Birth physiology (learning to work with your body to make birth more comfortable);
- Birth hormones (the feel good stuff that can even make birth pleasurable);
- The birthing companion’s role;
- Special massage technique to release endorphins;
- Healthy eating habits and exercise during pregnancy;
- Positions during birth;
- Birth preferences;
- Communication with caregivers;
- Videos of HypnoBirthing births;
- How to stay calm and relaxed despite the environment.
These skills that you learn in the class will become useful not only in your birth but also in your parenting in life in general.
Session 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
Session 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
Session 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
Session 4: Overview of Childbirth—A Labour of Love
Session 5: Birthing—Breathing Love, Bringing Life
How do we do this? We discuss:
- Breathing techniques that quickly create a state of relaxation and comfort;
- Positions and techniques to bring about a deeper level of relaxation;
- Visualisations to make birthing easier;
- Methods to bring about a natural start to labour;
- What to expect during the last few weeks, at the onset and during labour and how the body will work with you;
- How to clear anxieties, limiting beliefs or fear surrounding birth;
- How the birth companion can help and be a real part of the birth; and more…
- Teaches you deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Gives dad / partner or birth companion an integral role in the birthing
- Teaches you and your birthing partner how to work alongside your birthing team to achieve the birth you desire
- Shortens the first phase of labour by several hours
- Leaves you feeling alert, fresh and awake with energy during your labour
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby whatever turn their birthing takes
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches you breathing techniques that allows you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing
- Allows you and your partner to approach birth and parenting informed and empowered