The health of our clients, staff and communities is our primary concern. We remain open as an essential service but have adapted our wide variety of offerings to align with current restrictions and to ensure the safety of the extended MAMA community. Read on to learn more about these changes and how they will impact you.
Social Distancing and Cleanliness
In adherence with current restrictions, we are doing the following.
1. Limiting number of rooms in use and ensuring these are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected throughout the day and after each use
2. Limiting number of practitioners on-site at any given time and adding time between appointments.
3. Screening clients to ensure they are not experiencing symptoms and have not come in contact with COVID-19
4. Limiting number of people in clinic to just essential staff and individual client . We ask that you come alone to your appointment.
5. Minimizing use of common areas including toilets, kitchens, lobby. Frequently disinfecting these areas throughout the day.
6. Cancelling or offering online all group events/classes
MAMA Reception and Admin Team
Our reception staff and administrative team is working primarily from home. We are still “here” but not in the way you are used to. When you come in for an appointment, you will be seen by the midwife/practitioner only. She will let you in and out of the clinic, and if necessary book your next appointment. Reception staff will call to follow up on any invoicing or scheduling matters later in the day. If you try to call us and are unable to get through, please leave a message or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will be in touch as soon as possible.
Services Continuing to Operate in Person
- Acupuncture – Saturdays – Kensington
- Chiropractic – Fridays – Kensington
- Lactation Consultant – Tuesdays and Fridays – Kensington or Home
- Midwifery Care (more info below) – Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays – Kensington
Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays – Hampton
- Paediatrics – Wednesday mornings (seeing clients via telehealth first and only in person if necessary) – Kensington
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy – Thursday mornings – Kensington
Services Operating via Telehealth (video or phone consults)
- Infant Massage
- Lactation Consultant
- Paediatrics (telehealth may be bulk billed with referral from GP/midwife)
- Psychology (telehealth may be bulk billed with Mental Health Care Plan)
- Sleep Consultant
Services on Pause
Classes offered online
- MAMABirth Education
- Lamaze Education
- Pregnancy Yoga – Saturdays 8:30am
- Mums & Bubs Yoga – Fridays 10:30am
- Family Music Class
- Divine Woman Meditation Class
- Sleep Expectations Class
- Breastfeeding for Expectant Parents
- Infant Massage for Parents
- Student Midwife Workshops
Midwifery Care Details
MAMA midwives will continue to support all labour at home and birth at home. They cannot at this time support birth at hospital.
We have four midwives working at the moment. Jan is self-quarantined indefinitely. Jan will be available 24/7 via phone and will organise midwives to attend as needed. She will answer all queries for labour which will allow our other midwives to increase their rest hours. Jan will have no face to face care with clients.
Kelly, Rachel, Margaret and Marita will continue antenatal visits at MAMA clinics. They will see only one client at a time for a short visit in person, with the remainder of the consultation being held via phone. Only the client and midwife will be in attendance and heightened cleaning and sanitisation protocols will be used between clients. Home visits will be the same with telehealth phone calls outside the house, then a 15 minute clinical in the home.
If a midwife has a temperature or symptoms, she will require testing and will not be available until in the clear (up to 48 hours.)
The advice for our clients
1. Be brave, be confident. We are all a family and we must all care for each other
2. Wherever possible, pregnant mums and partners should self-quarantine from 36 weeks
3. Minimal persons at birth in home
4. Please accept these restrictions. We have your babies’ and the community’s (namely all the grandparents’) best interests at heart
More information about midwifery care is coming soon. If you are interested in using MAMA Services for your upcoming birth, please book an initial telehealth consultation below.
Midwifery Care Handouts
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, so will MAMA. Updates will be posted here as well as on our social media accounts and be sent to our mailing list. Please stay in touch with any questions or concerns. Sending you lots of love and know that we will get through this together.