HypnoBirthing is a series of 5 classes of 2.5 hours each which aims to build up a set of skills which help couples to cope better during birth and have a better more comfortable birth.
The dates of all 5 sessions (all of which must be attended) are Wednesday evenings- 5th, 12th, 19th & 26th May & 2nd June 2021 6:30pm to 9pm.
Sessions include the teaching and practice of HypnoBirthing techniques as well as empowering information so that you and your partner can have the comfortable & gentle birth that you have been dreaming of.
What is covered in the sessions?
- Deep relaxation, self hypnosis, breathing, affirmations and visualisation techniques;
- Fear and negative thought release sessions;
- Bonding techniques;
- Birth physiology (learning to work with your body to make birth more comfortable);
- Birth hormones (the feel good stuff that can even make birth pleasurable);
- The birthing companion’s role;
- Special massage technique to release endorphins;
- Healthy eating habits and exercise during pregnancy;
- Positions during birth;
- Birth preferences;
- Communication with caregivers;
- Videos of HypnoBirthing births;
- How to stay calm and relaxed despite the environment.
These skills that you learn in the class will become useful not only in your birth but also in your parenting in life in general.
Session 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
Session 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
Session 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
Session 4: Overview of Childbirth—A Labour of Love
Session 5: Birthing—Breathing Love, Bringing Life