Dr Millicent Matthew (Acu) LCCE offers group and private Lamaze Childbirth Education classes at MAMA, Kensington.
Lamaze Childbirth Education classes are designed to empower through practical, evidence based information. Classes include everything from basic understanding of birth, meditations, birthing positions, breastfeeding information and birth plan writing to Acupuncture points for labor.
The Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices are based upon the most recent, evidence-based research. They are recommendations to help ease the birthing process and instill confidence. While some may have unique circumstances, all parents can benefit from understanding the options and information available to them.
1.Let labor begin on its own
2. Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
3. Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
4. Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
5. Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body’s urges to push
6. Keep mother and baby together; it’s best for mother, baby and breastfeeding.
Millicent will be holding Lamaze classes on Sunday June 6th, August 29th & October 10th. The class runs from 10am to 5pm (with a lunchbreak)
Cost: $350 (the cost covers the birthing person plus one support person)
Where: MAMA, Kensington
These classes are inclusive and welcome of all types of parents, families and bodies. Contact MAMA on 03 9376 7474 for further information.
More information on Lamaze is available at https://www.lamaze.org/