Bonding with your baby means forming a unique and close relationship between you and your baby. Eye and skin contact, smell, smiles and soothing vocal sounds, each play a part in the bonding process and are the essential elements of Infant Massage.
Through observing and responding to your baby’s smiles, frowns, coos and kicks with nurturing touch, you reinforce feelings of trust and respect. These feelings provide the foundation of your relationship for years to come.
If you are a working parent, massage can compensate for separation by providing a special relaxing time for you and your baby.
For fathers, the nurturing environment and close interaction of massage offers you a special opportunity to develop a deeper bond, parental confidence and handling skills.
In situations where delayed bonding may occur (premature birth, caesarean delivery, medical complications, adoption, post-natal depression) Infant Massage provides the healing environment where you and your baby can re-establish your close relationship.
Benefits for the baby:
- Improves sleep patterns and your baby is more easily settled.
- Proven relief from the distress of wind, colic and constipation with unique soothing strokes.
- Strengthens immune system functions, increasing resistance to illness.
- Heightens alertness and sociability when your baby is awake.
Benefits for the parents/caregivers:
- Increases your confidence and skills.
- Creates a relaxing, special time, for you to share with your baby.
- Helps reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Enhances communication and provides a nurturing environment for conversation as your baby grows.
At Chimama, our experienced Baby Massage Instructors will help you develop massage skills to soothe and nurture your baby and help you gain deeper understanding of your baby’s unique signals and needs.
Each session is individually structured to meet the needs of both you and your baby. Instructors demonstrate on life-size dolls. You are then able to follow the strokes with your baby. Strokes are taught gradually, allowing development of your confidence, your baby’s tolerance levels and enabling the individual needs of each parent and baby to be met.
Course dates: 13 February through 5 March, 4 consecutive Thursday mornings
Time: 10am – 11.30am
Venue: MAMA Hampton
The cost of the course is $220. Spaces are limited to 4 parent/infant pairs so book in early!Book Now
Please contact us if you have any questions at 9376 7474.
To read more about Julie and the course, visit her website at www.chimama.com.au